Prof. Doron Aurbach
Doron Aurbach is a leading electrochemist and physical chemist who heads a prolific research group working on frontier topics in electrochemical, surface and material sciences, including intercalation processes, passivation phenomena, complex solution chemistry and development of new analytical avenues: in-situ spectro-electrochemical tools and hydrodynamic spectroscopy of composite surfaces an electrodes. On the practical side, Aurbach and his group works systematically on R&D of a wide variety of power sources, electronically conducting polymers, and water desalination and purification. The scope of his work is very broad and is impressively rigorous. It provides novel new technology while advancing the basic science needed for development of reliable power sources.
Prof. Aurbach is a Professor in the Department of Chemistry, a member of Bar-Ilan University (BIU) Senate, the Director of the Energy Center at the Bar-Ilan University Institute of Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials (BINA) and the leader of the Israel National Research Center for Electrochemical Propulsion (INREP), which includes 22 research groups from 5 leading academic institutions. He heads the Electrochemistry Research Group at Bar-Ilan. It numbers >40 people and is certainly the biggest group at BIU and perhaps the largest in Israel. He also served as the chairman of Israel National Labs Accreditation Authority (2010-2016) and is a past Chairperson of the Chemistry Department (2001-2005).
Prof. Aurbach has mentored 55 PhD students and 70 MSc students and has supervised 20 post-doctoral fellows. Many of the graduates of his lab have gone on to successful careers in Israeli academia. He has published more than 540 research papers in leading electrochemistry, materials science and physical chemistry journals. These papers have been cited more than 42000 times with h-index 103 (Google). The statistics from the WOS are h-index 92, > 33000 citations, October 2017.
Prof. Aurbach is a fellow of the ECS, MRS and ISE, a member in the European Academy of Science (since 2015) and served the electrochemistry and power sources R&D Community as a senior editor for the Journal of the Electrochemical Society.
Prof. Doron Aurbach has won several prestigious prizes, including the 2020 Israel Chemical Society (ICS) Gold Medal, the A. Frumkin Medal of the international society of Electrochemistry (ISE) for 2018, A. J. Bard Medal of the Electrochemical Society (2017), Ernest B. Yeager award of the International Battery Association (IBA) for Carrier-Long achievements in power sources research (2014), the Kolthoff prize of the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, for excellence in chemical research (2013), the Research Award of the Battery Division of the Electrochemical Society (2013), the Israel Chemical Society Prize of Excellence (2012), the Landau Prize for Green Chemistry (2011), the Edwards Company Prize of the Israel Vacuum Society for Research Excellence (2007) and the Technology Award of the Battery Division of the Electrochemical Society (2005).
- High Energy Density Batteries
- Li batteries
- Lithium–Sulfur batteries
- Li-Air batteries
- Sodium ion batteries
- Magnesium batteries
- EDLC - Supercapacitors
- EQCM-D- Advances spectroscopic and nanoscopic measurements of electrochemical systems
- CDI- Water desalination by electrochemical means
- Energy storage & Conversion
- Power Sources for Electrical Vehicles
- Energy Storage for Load Leveling Applications
- Load leveling electrorganic Synthesis
- General Surface and Materials Science
- Electrochemistry of Carbonaceous Materials
- The basic courses in Physical Chemistry (for chemists)
- Advanced electrochemistry
- Advanced laboratory training in Physical Chemistry
- Power sources
- Dan, P., Geronov, J., Luski, S., Megenitsky, E. & Aurbach, D. Non-aqueous Safe Secondary Cell. US patent US 5506068 A (1996).
- Aurbach, D., Gofer, Y., Schechter, A., Zhonghua, L. U. & Gizbar, C. High-energy, Rechargeable, Electrochemical Cells With Non-aqueous Electrolytes. US patent US 6316141 B1 (2001).
- Gofer, Y., Belostotskii Anatoly, M. & Aurbach, D. Redox Material For Cathodes In Non-aqueous Batteries. AU patent AU 2001/030416 A (2001).
- Gofer, Y., Belostotskii Anatoly, M. & Aurbach, D. Polyvinyl Mercaptan Redox Material For Cathodes In Non-aqueous Batteries. US patent US 6403255 B1 (2002).
- Aurbach, D., Chasid, O., Gofer, Y. & Gizbar, C. High-energy, Rechargeable Electrochemical Cells. US patent US 6713212 B2 (2004).
- Gofer, Y., Lancry, E. L. I., Gizbar, H., Chasid, O., Malovanyy, S., Aurbach, D. & Levi, E. Method For Preparing Chevrel Phase Materials. US patent US 2005/0220699 A1 (2005).
- Aurbach, D., Levi, E., Mitelman, A., Lancry, E., Mizrahi, O., Gofer, Y., Chasid, O. & Suresh, G. S., Rechargeable Magnesium Battery. US patent US 2008/0182176 A1 (2008).
- Genosar, A., Aurbach, D., Markevich, E., Salitra, G., Goldstein, J., Levi, M., Fleischer, N., Bachar, Y. & Aldar, Y., Drug Delivery Device. US patent US 2010/0022992 A1 (2010).
- Luski, S., Meitav, A., Aurbach, D. & Lancry, E. L. I. Secondary Electrochemical Cell Including Inter-electrode Scavenger. WO patent WO 2011/024149 A1 (2011).
- Zimrin, T., Shapira, R., Aurbach, D. & Cahana, B. Funcionalized Carbon Nanotube Composite For Use In Lead Acid Battery. WO patent WO 2013/011516 A1 (2013).
- Doe Robert, E., Han, R., Gofer, Y., Aurbach, D., Pour, N. I. R. & Sterenberg, E. Non-aqueous Electrolyte For Rechargeable Magnesium Ion Cell. US patent US 2014/0302403 A1 (2014).
- Garsuch, A., Panchenko, A., Aurbach, D., Elazari, R. A. N. & Salitra, G. Electrode Material For Rechargeable Electrical Cells Comprising Activated Carbon Fibers. US patent US 2014/0212771 A1 (2014).
- Markevich, E., SHARABI, R., FRIDMAN, K., Salitra, G., Aurbach, D. & Elazari, R. Lithium-ion Secondary Battery Comprising Lithium Cobalt Phosphate As Cathode Active Material. WO patent WO 2014/067891 A1 (2014).
- Aurbach, D., Levi, E., Mitelman, A., Lancry, E., Mizrahi, O., Gofer, Y., Chasid, O. & Suresh, G. S. Rechargeable Magnesium Battery. US patent US 9012072 B2 (2015).
- Cahana, B., Aurbach, D. & Jacob, D. Process For Obtaining Mixtures Of Carbon Nanotubes In Solid Or Viscous Matrices. CN patent CN 105051930 A (2015).
- Garsuch, A., Aurbach, D., Elazari, R. A. N., Salitra, G. & Meini, S. Use Of Redox Mediators As Additives In Electrolytes Of Lithium Sulfur Batteries. WO patent WO 2015/044829 A1 (2015).
- Markevich, E., Sharabi, R., Fridman, K., Salitra, G., Aurbach, D. & Elazari, R. A. N. Lithium Ion Secondary Battery Comprising A Silicon Anode. US patent US 2015/0263386 A1 (2015).
- Cahana, B. & Aurbach, D. Lead Acid Battery With Prolonged Service Life. WO patent WO 2016/178219 A1 (2016).
- Zimrin, T., Shapira, R., Aurbach, D. & Cahana, B. Functionalized Carbon Nanotube Composite. US patent US 9413001 B2 (2016).
- Aurbach, D., Abraham, E. & Cohen, I. Asymmetric Electrochemical Cell Apparatus, And Operating Methods Thereof. WO patent WO 2017/064577 A1 (2017).
Prof. Markovsky Boris
Prof. Levi Elena
Prof. Markevich Elena
Prof. Levi Michael
Prof. Salitra Gregory
Dr. Shalom Luski
Dr. Gofer Yosi
Dr. Eran Avrham
Dr. Shilina Yulia
Dr. Ziv Baruch
Dr. Tain Ruiyyan
Dr. Leifer Nicole
Dr. Hadar Sclar
Last Updated Date : 01/03/2023