Authored books and book chapters
- Catalytic Reduction of Oxygen by Metalloporphyrins (L. Elbaz, VDM Publishing: Saarbrücken, 2010, ISBN 978-3-639-29274-9).
- Heat-Treated Non-Precious Metal Based Catalysts for Oxygen reduction (L. Elbaz, G. Wu and P. Zelenay), in Electrocatalysis in Fuel Cells: A Non and Low Platinum Approach (S. Minhua, Springer, 2013, ISBN: 978-1-4471-4910-1)
Refereed articles in peer reviewed scientific journals
37) Ternary NiFeTiOOH Catalyst for Oxygen Evolution Reaction: Study of the Effect of the Addition of Ti at Different Loadings (W. Moschkowitsch, K. Dhaka, S. Gonen, R. Attias, Y. Tsur, M. Caspary-Toroker and L. Elbaz, ACS Catalysis, 2020, 10, 4879-4887).
36) Recent Advances in Synthesis and Utilization of Ultra-low Loading of Precious Metal-based Catalysts for Fuel Cells (O. Lori and L. Elbaz, ChemCatChem, 2020, 12, 1-14).
35) The relationship of morphology and catalytic activity: A case study of iron corrole incorporated in high surface area carbon supports (N. Levy, O. Lori, S. Gonen, M. Mizrahi, S. Ruthstein and Lior Elbaz, Carbon, 2020, 158, 238-243).
34) Heat-treated Aerogel as a Catalyst for Oxygen Reduction Reaction (N. Zion, D. Cullen, P. Zelenay and L. Elbaz, Angewandte Chemie, 2020, 59 (6), 2483-2489)
33) Electrocatalytically Active Silver Organic Framework: Ag(I)‐Complex Incorporated in Activated Carbon (S. Gonen, O. Fleker and L. Elbaz, ChemCatChem, 2019, 11, 6124-6130).
32) Structural and Physical Parameters Controlling the Oxygen Reduction Reaction Selectivity with Carboxylic Acid-Substituted Cobalt Corroles Incorporated in a Porous Carbon Support (H.C. Honig, C.B. Krishnamurthy, I. Borge-Durán, M. Tasior, D.T. Gryko, I. Grinberg and L. Elbaz, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2019, 123 (43), 26351-26357).
31) A Combined Experimental and Theoretical Study of Cobalt Corroles as Catalysts for Oxygen Reduction Reaction (J.S. Shpilman, A. Friedman, N. Zion, N. Levy, D.T. Major and L. Elbaz, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2019, 123 (50), 30129-30136)
30) Aminomethylene-Phosphonate Analogue as a Cu(II) Chelator: Characterization and Application as an Inhibitor of Oxidation Induced by Cu(II)-Prion Peptide Complex (N. Pariente-Cohen, E. Lo Presti, S. Dell'Acqua, T. Jantz, L. Shimon, N. Levy, M. Nassir, L. Elbaz, L. Casella, B. Fischer, Inorganic Chemistry, 2019, 58 (18), 8995-9003).
29) Electropolymerization of PGM-free 3D Structures of Molecular Catalyst with High Density of Catalytic Sites (A. Friedman, I. Saltsman, Z. Gross and L. Elbaz, Electrochemica Acta, 2019, 310, 13-19)
28) Imidazole Decorated Reduced Graphene Oxide: A Biomimetic Ligand for Selective Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalysis with Metalloporphyrins (R. Snitkoff, N. Levy, I. Ozery, S. Ruthstein and L. Elbaz, Carbon, 2018, Accepted)
27) Theoretical Study of the Electrocatalytic Reduction of Oxygen by Metallocorroles (M. Kosa, N. Levy, L. Elbaz and D. Major, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2018, 122 (31), 17686-17694).
26) Comparison of New Metal Organic Framework-based Catalysts for Oxygen Reduction Reaction (S. Gonen and L. Elbaz, Data in Brief, 2018, 19, 281-287).
25) First-principles investigation of the formation of Pt Nanorafts on the Mo2C support and their catalytic activity for oxygen reduction reaction (C.B. Krishnamurthy, O. Lori, L. Elbaz and I. Grinberg, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2018, 9, 2229-2234).
24) Metal Organic Frameworks as Catalysts for Oxygen Reduction (S. Gonen and L. Elbaz, Current Opinions in Electrochemistry, 2018, 9, 179-188).
23) Bio-inspired Electrocatalysis of Oxygen Reduction Reaction in Fuel Cells using Molecular Catalysts (N. Zion, A. Friedman, N. Levy and L. Elbaz, Advanced Materials, 2018, 1800406).
22) Highly Efficient Bio-Inspired Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalysis with polyCorroles (A. Friedman, L. Landau, S. Gonen, Z. Gross and L. Elbaz, ACS Catalysis, 2018, 8, 5024-5031).
21) Unexpected High ORR Activity of Metal Organic Framework When Incorporated in Activated Carbon (S. Gonen, O. Lori and L. Elbaz, Nanoscale, 2018, 10, 9634-9641).
20) The Effect of Electron Withdrawing b-Substituents in Cobalt Corroles on the Electrocatalytic Oxygen Reduction Reaction Activity (N. Levy, J. S. Shpilman, H. C. Honig, D. T. Major and L. Elbaz, Chemical Communications, 53, (2017) 12942-12945).
19) Doping and Reduction of Graphene Oxide using Chitosan-derived Volatile N-heterocyclic Compounds for Metal-free Oxygen Reduction Reaction (S. Kumar, S. Gonen, A. Friedman, L. Elbaz and G.D. Nessim, Carbon, 120 (2017) 419-426).
18) Direct Electro-oxidation of Dimethyl Ether on Pt-Cu NanoChains (B. Gavriel, R. Sharabi and L. Elbaz, ChemSusChem, 10 (15) (2017), 3069-3074).
17) Highly Active, Corrosion-Resistant Cathode for Fuel Cells, based on Platinum and Molybdenum Carbide (O. Lori, S. Gonen and L. Elbaz, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 164 (7) (2017), F825-F830).
16) Modulation of Oxygen Content in Graphene Surfaces Using Temperature Programmed Reductive Annealing: Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (EPR) and Electrochemical Study (O. Marciano, S. Gonen, N. Levy, E. Teblum, R. Yemini, G. D. Nessim, S. Ruthstein, and L. Elbaz, Langmuir, 32 (44) (2016), 11672-11680).
15) Methodology for the Design of Accelerated Stress Tests for Non-Precious Metal Catalysts in Fuel Cell Cathodes (R. Sharabi, Y. H. Wijsboom, N. Borchtchoukova, G. Finkelshtain, L. Elbaz, Journal of Power Sources, 335 (2016), 56-64).
14) Metallocorroles as Non-Precious Metal Electrocatalysts for Highly Efficient Oxygen Reduction in Alkaline Media (N. Levy, A. Mahammed, A. Friedman, B. Gavriel, Z. Gross, and L. Elbaz, ChemCatChem, 8 (17) (2016), 2832-2837).
13) Advances in Ceramic Supports for Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells (O. Lori, L. Elbaz, Catalysts, 5 (2015), 1445-1464).
12) Metallocorroles as Non-Precious Metal Catalysts for Oxygen Reduction (N. Levy, A. Mahammed, M. Kosa, D. Major, Z. Gross, and L. Elbaz, Angewandte Chemie, 127 (2015), 14286-14290).
11) Evidence of High Electrocatalytic Activity of Molybdenum Carbide Supported Platinum Nanorafts (L. Elbaz, J. Phillips, K. More, K, Arytrashkova, and E. L. Brosha, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 162 (9) (2015), H681-H685).
10) Electrocatalysis of Oxygen Reduction with Platinum Supported on Molybdenum Carbide-Carbon Composite (L. Elbaz, C. Kreller, N. Henson and E. L. Brosha, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 720-721 (2014), 34-40).
9) Increasing the Site Density of non-Precious Metal Catalysts in Fuel Cell Electrodes (L. Elbaz and F. Garzon, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 700 (2013), 65-69).
8) Nanoscale Titania Ceramic Composite Supports for PEM Fuel Cells (K. J. Blackmore, L. Elbaz, E. Bauer, E. L. Brosha, K. More, T. M. McCleskey, and A. K. Burrell, Journal of Materials Research, 27 (15) (2012), 2046-2054).
7) Nonprecious Metal Catalysts for Fuel Cell Applications: Electrochemical Activation by a Series of First Row Transition Metal Tris(2-pyridylmethyl) Amine Complexes (A. L. Ward, L. Elbaz, J. B. Kerr, J. Arnold, Inorganic Chemistry, 51(8) (2012), 4694-4706).
6) High Surface Area Molybdenum Nitride Support for Fuel Cell Electrodes (K. J. Blackmore, L. Elbaz, E. Bauer, E. L. Brosha, K. More, T. M. McCleskey, and A. K. Burrell, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 158(10) (2011), B1255-B1259).
5) Engineered Nano-scale Ceramic Supports for PEM Fuel Cells (K. J. Blackmore, E. Bauer, L. Elbaz, E. L. Brosha, T. M. McCleskey, and A. K. Burrell, Electrochemical Society Transactions, 30(1) (2011), 83-90).
4) Evidence for the Formation of Cobalt Porphyrin-Quinone Complexes Stabilized at Carbon-Based Surfaces Toward the Design of Efficient Non-Noble-Metal Oxygen Reduction Catalysts (L. Elbaz, E. Korin, L. Soifer and A. Bettelheim, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 1 (2010), 398-401).
3) Mediation at High Potentials for the Reduction of Oxygen to Water by Cobalt Porphyrin-Quinone Systems in Porous Aerogel Carbon Electrodes (L. Elbaz, L. Soifer, E. Korin and A. Bettelheim, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 157(1) (2010), B27-B31).
2) Electrocatalytic Oxygen Reduction by Co(III) Porphyrins Incorporated in Aerogel Carbon Electrodes (L. Elbaz, L. Soifer, E. Korin and A. Bettelheim; Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 621 (2008), 91-96).
1) Tautomerism in N-Confused Porphyrins as the Basis of a Novel Fiber-Optic Humidity Sensor (I. Zilbermann, E. Meron, E. Maimon, L. Soifer, L. Elbaz, E. korin, and A. Bettelheim; Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines, 10 (2006), 63-66).
4) The Hydrogen Energy Revolution: No longer a Dream – A Reality! (H.C. Honig and L. Elbaz, The Israel Chemist and Engineer Magazine, 2018)
3) Profile article on Major Moshe Rabaev (L. Elbaz, The Israel Chemist and Engineer Magazine, 2017)
2) Profile article on Prof. Emanuel Peled (L. Elbaz, The Israel Chemist and Engineer Magazine, 2016)
1) Profile article on Prof. Eliezer Gileadi (L. Elbaz, The Israel Chemist and Engineer Magazine, 2015)