ד"ר עדי סלומון
Adi Salomon obtained her B.Sc. in Chemistry from Tel Aviv University and received her PhD from the department of Materials and Interfaces at Weizmann Institute of Science with David Cahen. There she got a scientific background on surface chemistry, semiconductors and electron transport through organic molecules. Then she went to ISIS, Strasbourg, working with Thomas Ebbesen on Interaction between molecules and surface plasmons. Her research was the first to demonstrate the dynamics of interaction between surface plasmons and molecules throughout the development of a new surface photochemistry. Later on, at the WIS, together with Yehiam Prior, Tamar Seideman, Robert Gordon and Maxim Shukharev, they have developed a new model to explain interactions between molecules which are immersed in the ‘plasmonic field’. She is currently working with Yehiam Prior (WIS) and Joseph Zyss (ENS-Cachan) on coherent coupling between plasmonic modes of metallic nanocavities in order to achieve strong field amplification at the nanoscale.
2002-2007 Ph.D., Dept. of Materials and Interfaces, Weizmann Inst. of Science. Advisor: Prof. David Cahen
Thesis: “A different view of charge transport through Alkyl Chain monolayers”
1999-2001 M.Sc., Dept. of Materials and Interfaces, Weizmann Inst. of Science.
Advisor: Prof. David Cahen
Thesis: “Towards understanding of semiconductors-molecule-metal Junctions “
1996-1999 B.Sc. Chemistry. Tel–Aviv University.
2010 - 2013 A joint Post-doc at the chemical physics department, Weizmann Institute, and Ecole Normale Superieure (ENS) de Cachan, Paris, France. Host: Prof. Yehiam Prior and Prof. Joseph Zyss.
Research topics: plasmonics, strong coupling, Near field spectroscopy, Second Harmonic Generation (SHG)
2007-2009 Post-doc., Laboratorie des Nanostructures, ISIS, University Louis Pasteur (ULP). Host :Prof. Thomas W. Ebbesen
Research topics: plasmonics, molecules-surface plasmons interaction, molecular dynamics, strong coupling systems.
- 2010 Clore fellowship for postdoctoral studies.
- 2008 Sara Lee Schupf postdoctoral Awards
- 2008 Chateaubriand fellowship
- 2007 Rothschild fellowship
- 2007 Recognition from the Israeli parliament
- 2007 John F. Kennedy prize.
- 2007 Schmitt prize for best PhD thesis.
- 2006 Feinberg Grad. School Dean's list of excellence.
- 2005 Israeli Vacuum Society, best student lecture award
- 2004 Feinberg Grad. School Dean's list of excellence.
- 2003 Clore Fellowship for PhD students.
- 1998 De-Shalit excellence scholarship.
- From Individual to coupled metallic nanocavities. Salomon, A.; Prior, Y. ; Kolkowski, R.; Zyss,J.; submitted.
- Role of mode degeneracy in molecule-surface plasmon strong coupling. Salomon A. Wang, S. Hutchison, J.A., Genet, C. Ebbesen, T.W. accepted ChemPhysChem 2013
- Size Resonances in Second Harmonic Generation from Plasmonic triangular Nano-Cavities. Salomon, A.;Zielinski, M.; Kolkowski, R.; Zyss,J. and Prior, Y.; http://arxiv.org/abs/1201.6191 2012
- Collective Plasmonic-Molecular Modes in the Strong Coupling Regime Salomon, A.; Gordon R.J.; Prior, Y.; Seideman, T.; Sukharev, M.; PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS 109, 073002, 2012 http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevLett.109.073002
- Epitaxial 2-D Aluminum Films on Silicon (111) by Ultra-Fast Thermal deposition Levine, I.; Yoffe, A; Salomon, A; Li. W.; Feldman, Y. and Vilan, A. JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, accepted, 2012 http://jap.aip.org/resource/1/japiau/v111/i12/p124320_s1
- Molecules on Si: Electronics with Chemistry
Vilan, A; Yaffe, O; Biller, A, Salomon, A; Kahn, A, and Cahen, D. ADVANCED MATERIALS Volume: 22 Issue: 2 Pages: 140-159 2010 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adma.200901834/pdf
- Molecule – light complex: dynamics of hybrid molecule – surface plasmon states. Salomon, A. Genet, C. and Ebbesen, TW. ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION, 48, Pages: 8749-8751, 2009. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/anie.200903191/abstract
- Temperature-dependent electronic transport through alkyl chain monolayers: Evidence for a molecular signature
Salomon, A .; Shpaisman, H .; Seitz, O .; Boecking, T .and Cahen, D .
JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY C Volume: 112 Issue: 10 Pages: 3969-3974, 2008. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp710985b
- Thiol-terminated monolayers on oxide-free Si: Assembly of semiconductor-alkyl-S-metal junctions
Bocking, T; Salomon, A; Cahen, D and Gooding J.J. LANGMUIR Volume: 23 Pages: 3236-3241, 2007
- What is the barrier for tunneling through alkyl monolayers? Results from n- and p-Si-Alkyl/Hg junctions
A. Salomon, T. Boecking , O. Seitz ,T. Markus , F. Amy , C. Chan , W. hao , D. Cahen, A. Kahn. ADVANCED MATERIALS Volume: 19 Issue: 3 Pages: 445, 2007 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adma.200601729/abstract
- How important is the interfacial chemical bond for electron transport through alkyl chain monolayers?
Salomon, A; Bocking, T; Gooding, J and Cahen D., NANO LETTERS Volume: 6 Pages: 2873-2876,2006 http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/nl062089y
- Radiation damage to alkyl chain monolayers on semiconductor substrates investigated by electron spectroscopy ,Fabrice Amy, Calvin K. Chan, Wei Zhao, Jaehyung Hyung, Masaki Ono, Tomoki Sueyoshi, Satoshi Kera, Guy Nesher, Adi Salomon, Lior Segev, Oliver Seitz, Hagay Shpaisman, Achim Schöll, Marc Haeming, Till Böcking, David Cahen, Leeor Kronik, Nobuo Ueno, Eberhard Umbach, and Antoine Kahn JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY B Volume: 110 Issue: 43 Pages: 21826-21832 , 2006 http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp063614k
- Electronic structure of Si(111)-bound alkyl monolayers: Theory and experiment
Segev, A. Salomon, A. Natan, D. Cahen, L. Kronic, F. Amy, C. Chan and A. Kahn PHYSICAL REVIEW B Volume: 74 165323, 2006 http://prb.aps.org/abstract/PRB/v74/i16/e165323
- Importance of monolayer quality for interpreting current transport through organic molecules: Alkyls on oxide-free Si
Seitz, O; Bocking, T; Salomon, A, Gooding, J.J and Cahen, D.
LANGMUIR Volume: 22 Issue: 16 Pages: 6915-6922, 2006
- How do electronic carriers cross Si-bound alkyl monolayers?
Salomon, A; Boecking, T; Chan, CK, Amy F, Girshevitz O, Cahen D and Kahn A, PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS Volume: 95 Issue: 26, page: 266807, 2005 http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevLett.95.266807
- Stable room-temperature molecular negative differential resistance based on molecule-electrode interface chemistry, Salomon, A; Arad-Yellin, R; Shanzer, A, Karton A and Cahen D, JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY Volume: 126 Pages: 11648-11657 , 2004 http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja049584l
- Comparison of electronic transport measurements on organic molecules
Salomon, A; Cahen, D; Lindsay, S, Tomfohr J, Engelkes VB and Frisbie CD
ADVANCED MATERIALS Volume: 15 Issue: 22 Pages: 1881-1890 , 2003
- Molecular modification of an ionic semiconductor-metal interface: ZnO/molecule/Au diodes , Salomon, A; Berkovich, D and Cahen, D
APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS Volume: 82 Issue: 7 Pages: 1051-1053 , 2003 http://apl.aip.org/resource/1/applab/v82/i7/p1051_s1
- Voltage-driven changes in molecular dipoles yield negative differential resistance at room temperature, Selzer, Y; Salomon, A; Ghabboun, J, and Cahen, D. ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION Volume: 41 Issue: 5 Pages: 827, 2002
- The importance of chemical bonding to the contact for tunneling through alkyl chains Selzer, Y; Salomon, A; Cahen, D, JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY B Volume: 106 Issue: 40 Pages: 10432-10439, 2002 http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp026324m
- Tuning electronic properties of semiconductors by adsorption of fullerene carboxylic acid derivatives, Bonifazi, D; Salomon, A; Enger, O, Diederich F and Cahen D, ADVANCED MATERIALS Volume: 14 Issue: 11 Pages: 802-805, 2002 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/1521-4095%2820020605%2914:11%3C802::AID-ADMA802%3E3.0.CO;2-%23/abstract
- Effect of molecule-metal electronic coupling on through-bond hole tunneling across metal-organic monolayer-semiconductor junctions Selzer, Y; Salomon, A and Cahen, D, JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY Volume: 124 Issue: 12 Pages: 2886-2887,2002 http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja0177511
אינטרקציה בין אור ומולקולות במימד הננומטרי.